Super Special Education
When: September 13, 2017 from 12 pm to 1:30 pm
We will be discussing special education services and school placements available for youth with higher-level behavioral and emotional needs, and how to get those services.
Topics covered include:
- Warning signs that a student might need a higher level of special education services? (Internal and External)
- What can be done for a student with higher‐level behavior or mental health needs at school? (FBA, BSP, ERMHS)
- Different school placement options for students with high levels of special education needs? (NPS, Residential Placement)
- Common Complications in IEPs (Consent, Moving, Residency)
- Students with special education needs involved in school discipline? (Suspensions, Expulsions, Manifestation Determinations, Interim Alternative Educational Placements)
**This in-service will cover topics that assume the learner has a basic knowledge of special education**
* * *
Presented by: Cindy Rodas of the Alliance for Children’s Rights
* * *
Questions: To reserve your seat for this and other upcoming in-service training opportunities please use the link in the description above.
If you have additional questions, please contact Jeremy Remy at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 859-2888.