Job Title – Data & Reporting Manager
Reports to – Director of Finance and Administration
CASA of Los Angeles mobilizes community volunteers to serve as advocates for abused and neglected children in foster care. The organization envisions a Los Angeles where every child has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. CASA of Los Angeles is on a path over the next five years to expand services to vulnerable children in foster care so that it provides services to a meaningful number of the 30,000 children in the dependency court system every year.
Key to these efforts is growth in the number of volunteers trained each year, the number who stay active in a year, and in revenue raised from community partners and other donors.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Data & Reporting Manager will have primary responsibility for ETO (Efforts-to-Outcomes) software used by CASA for monitoring volunteer advocacy activities and efforts on behalf of foster children’s cases. This individual will be responsible for data quality and integrity, analysis and reporting, and general maintenance of the ETO system. The individual will also help to identify process improvements as well as provide formal and informal training related to the use of the system and related tools.
From Monday – Friday, the Data and Reporting Manager will work from CASA’s Monterey Park office at Edmund D. Edelman Children’s Court, 201 Centre Plaza Drive, Suite 1100, Monterey Park, CA 91754. Work is performed indoors in an office setting. Some weekend and evening work is required throughout the year as needed and at major events.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serve as ETO administrator.
- Produce regularly scheduled reports, including weekly and monthly key performance indicator dashboards, weekly quality assurance reports, and others that may requested or required to help staff monitor ongoing program activity and performance.
- Work with other program staff to support data quality assurance, helping develop systems to identify questionable, incomplete or erroneous data and building systems to catch or prevent such errors.
- Identify process improvements, testing procedures, and plans for implementation for system changes that lead to improved data quality, more effective reporting, and greater timeliness of reports.
- Be proficient at developing and testing/debugging maintenance and management reports to streamline and automate routine data requests.
- If needed, oversee migration of legacy data from obsolete databases as appropriate.
- Create and maintain user and technical documentation including workflows.
- Update user profiles, security and protocols.
- Validate database development in line with process, policies and procedures.
- Lead agency data analysis and reporting function.
- Create standard recurring, as well as ad hoc, reports for stakeholders that include staff, Board of Director, funders, regulatory bodies and others.
- Help reconcile data between multiple systems as needed.
- Provide formal and ad hoc staff training related to use of data systems and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience in a data role.
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience as Systems Administration/SME.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrating the ability to define, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, design and execute reports, and make logical decisions.
- Ability to design and execute data collection activities and perform a broad set of analyses to identify business objectives and evaluate risks and recommend mitigations.
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing demands on time and resources.
- Operate with a pronounced attention to detail and high level of consistency in execution.
- Technical skills and proficiency: SAP Business Objects, SQL, MS Office, especially Excel, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) a plus.
- Investigative mindset; process oriented; ability to develop and employ data testing/quality assurance procedures.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, think critically, and problem-solve.
- Excellent customer service orientation and ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to display tact and good judgment in dealing with various constituencies and situations.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to write meaningful documentation.
- Ability to provide effective estimates of work and achieve milestones, whether with relaxed or tight timetables.
- Efforts to Outcome (ETO) administration experience
- Experience or interest in working for a non-profit organization.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that the selected candidates will be required to submit to a full Livescan and background check.
CASA of Los Angeles promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.