Job Title – Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator, Non-Exempt Position
Reports to – Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach
CASA of Los Angeles mobilizes community volunteers to serve as advocates for abused and neglected children in foster care. The organization envisions a Los Angeles where every child has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. CASA of Los Angeles is on a path over the next five years to expand services to vulnerable children in foster care so that it provides services to a meaningful number of the 30,000 children in the dependency court system every year. Key to these efforts is growth in the number of volunteers trained each year, the number who stay active in a year, and in revenue raised from community partners and other donors.
Under the direction of the Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach, the Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will support the organization’s efforts to recruit volunteers throughout LA County. The Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach Coordinator will work within a territory of recruitment and outreach including: South Los Angeles, Glendale, Pasadena and the surrounding areas with a regular base at the Monterey Park Office of CASA of LA.
This position is typically Monday – Friday with regular evening and weekend engagements in which schedule adjustments would be made.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating community outreach/volunteer recruitment initiatives, including information sessions, geographic mapping activities, and CASA committees supporting recruitment.
- Assist in scheduling, coordinating, and sharing responsibility for conducting information sessions throughout Los Angeles County with an emphasis on a specific geographic area for deployment.
- Track volunteer inquiries using Efforts to Outcomes database, maintain regular contact with applicants, and submit regular progress reports.
- Receive, review, and process volunteer applications.
- Support the engagement of current volunteers in outreach efforts, including proposing specific volunteers and potential roles that they can serve.
- Prepare appropriate toolkits and conduct trainings for CASAs interested in participating in outreach activities, including information session speakers, jury presenters, and in-office support.
Tracking and Reporting
- Track outreach efforts in database, including inputting and updating organization and individual contact information.
- Assist in quality assurance revisions and improvement of procedures as appropriate.
- Assist in weekly, monthly, and annual reporting.
- Assist in creating opportunities for press coverage in collaboration with the development team.
- Assist with development and refinement of recruitment, outreach, and marketing materials.
- Represent CASA at outreach events, as required.
- Assist and collaborate with the development team efforts during fundraising events.
- Coordinate strategic meetings of select volunteer committees.
- Assist in committee oversight to promote diversification of recruitment and outreach efforts.
- Assist in annual budget development.
- Maintain the outreach calendar on the CASA of LA website.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 2 years’ experience in or similar work regarding outreach or volunteer support role.
- Ability to work within a territory of recruitment and outreach primarily in the South LA, Pasadena, Glendale and surrounding areas of LA County.
- Exceptional verbal, public speaking and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an approachable personality.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within a team framework.
- Comfortable working in diverse public settings.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to maintain accurate records in electronic database system.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, and social networking software.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and be highly flexible and resourceful.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Training and/or public speaking experience
- Experience in organizing and coordinating grass-roots, face-to-face, and technology-based recruitment efforts.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience in the field of child welfare, juvenile law, non-profit or volunteer program management.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume, salary requirements and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Betsy@ExpertEffect.com.
Please note that the selected candidates will be required to submit to a full Livescan and background check.
CASA of Los Angeles promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.