Position: Executive Assistant
Reports to: CEO
Employment status: Full-Time/Non-exempt
CASA of Los Angeles recruits, trains and supports community volunteers to advocate for children in the foster care system who have experienced abuse and neglect. CASA of Los Angeles serves approximately 1,250 children per year with one-on-one advocacy services and is on a path over the next ten years to expand our services to reach 12,000 children every year.
The Executive Assistant will support the CEO and leadership team by providing general operational and administrative support services.
- Provide administrative support and direct assistance to the CEO, CFO and HR Manager including scheduling, communication (written and oral), drafting and editing language for emails, letters and other publication, updating organizational documents, coordinating staff meetings, expense reporting and other duties as required.
- Oversee CASA/LA’s work with the Board of Directors and committees of the board including communication, preparing agendas, arranging meetings, taking and drafting minutes, and other duties as required.
- Support with answering phones and greeting walk-ins in the absence of the Program Assistant
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Prepare the daily cash log
- Support the planning and execution of the organization’s development, fundraising, marketing and program events and activities as needed.
- Other special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience Required
- High school diploma or GED. Prefer some college.
- Two years of experience in an administrative support position. Prefer experience in non-profit setting working with children and families.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the confidence to communicate at a high level with all stakeholders including donors, volunteers and members of the Board of Directors.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, and ability to learn and work with new systems/software platforms and databases.
- Ability to operate office equipment including copiers, virtual conferencing equipment, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment serving people of diverse backgrounds.
- Event planning experience preferred.
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality and exercise discretion.
- Ability to pass a LiveScan and background check.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment
- The CASA office is an open office layout. Candidates will be working in a shared space with varying levels of noise and foot traffic.
- Office environment consists of moderate fluctuations in air temperature.
- Physical requirements include standing, bending, reaching, sitting, grasping, fingering, repetitive motion both hands/feet, and walking. Lifting requirement is up to 20 lbs.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
CASA of Los Angeles promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.