PLEASE JOIN US
Wednesday, April 24, 2019
7th Annual Evening to Foster Dreams
Beverly Hilton Hotel
CASA of Los Angeles Board Chair and Philanthropist
for the documentary film
directed and produced by Oscar-winning filmmakers
Deborah Oppenheimer and Mark Jonathan Harris
Dr. Wendy Smith and Barry Meyer
advocates of youth in foster care
Special Musical Guest, Sharane Calister,
NBC The Voice Season 14
For information on the 7th Annual Evening to Foster Dreams gala, please contact Dan Hanley at 323.859.2888 x6326 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, please contact Brian McWilliams at Spelling Communications via email at email@example.com.
7th Annual Evening to Foster Dreams Gala sponsor
Carolyn and Lou Lucido
Barry and Wendy Meyer Foundation
Johnny Carson Foundation
Tom Smith and Alan Kosa
Harriet Zaretsky and Steve Henry
Judy and Tom Beckmen
Beverly Hills Rotary
Carol and Frank Biondi
Marilyn and Steve Bloom
Frandzel Robins Bloom & Csato, L.C.
Susie and Bruce Herron
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Martha and Bruce Karsh
KLOPERT & RAVDEN, LLP
Mobility Outdoor Media
Deena and Ed Nahmias
National Foster Youth Institute Board of Directors
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
Marshal and Jerri Safron
Selman Breitman LLP
Suzanne and Brian Selmo
Victoria and Barry Simon
Susan and Eric Smidt
Taylor Asset Management
City National Bank
LA County Board of Supervisors Office of Kathryn Barger
Locke Lord LLP
Tanner Mainstain Glynn & Johnson
Joan and Marshall August
DJ Rodriguez Consulting
Ray and Anna Randall
Jean and Robert Youngquist
- Congressman Adam B. Schiff (CA-28)
- Congressman Alan Lowenthal (CA-47)
- Congressman Gilbert R. Cisneros, Jr. (CA-39)
- Congressman Jimmy Gomez (CA-34)
- Congresswoman Judy Chu (CA-27)
- Congresswoman Julia Brownley (CA-26)
- Congresswoman Karen Bass (CA-37)
- Congresswoman Linda Sanchez (CA-38)
- Congresswoman Lucille Roybal-Allard (CA-40)
- Congresswoman Nanette Barragán (CA-44)
- Congressman Ted W. Lieu (CA-33)
- State Senator Holly Mitchell, 30th District
- Mayor Eric Garcetti and First Lady Amy Elaine Wakeland
- Mónica García, LAUSD Board Member
- Los Angeles County Supervisor, Mike D. Antonovich, Retired
- Los Angeles County Supervisor, Kathryn Barger, 5th District
- Los Angeles County Supervisor, Janice Han, 4th District
- Los Angeles County Supervisor, Sheila Kuehl, 3rd District
- Los Angeles County Supervisor, Mark Ridley-Thomas, 2nd District
- Los Angeles County Supervisor, Hilda Solis, 1st District
- Los Angeles County Supervisor, Zev Yaroslavsky, Retired
- Father Gregory Boyle
- Jackie Broxton, Director, Biddy Mason Charitable Foundation
- Marvin J. Southard, University of Southern California
- Reverend “J” Edgar Boyd
- The Honorable Michael Nash
- Elizabeth Daly, Dean, USC School of Cinematic Arts
Doubleline Capital LP
- Dawn Goodman, Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Sarah Happel Jackson, Lifetime Networks
- Matt Hoglund
- Whitney Kleinhenz, Participant Media
- Lori Kozak, Fox Rothschild LLP
- Ray Randall, Retired Executive
- Dayna Rodriguez, Court Appointed Special Advocate
- Tom Smith, Former Senior Executive Officer, Oaktree Capital Management and JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Pat Trendacosta, Frandzel Robins Bloom & Csato, L.C.
- Thomas Turner
- Harriet Zaretsky, Court Appointed Special Advocate
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US AT
6th Annual Evening to Foster Dreams
April 18, 2018
It was truly a special evening to foster dreams at CASA of Los Angeles’ 6th Annual Evening to Foster Dreams gala on April 18, 2018 at the Beverly Hilton as we honored Kathy Hilton, CASA/LA ambassador and philanthropist, and Judy Beckmen, CASA/LA board member and philanthropist, for their work on behalf of children. Attended by more than 600 guests, the gala was an astounding success raising over $1 million!
This support will ensure that we can serve more children and youth in LA County’s child welfare system with intensive one-on-one advocacy so they have the opportunity to thrive in a safe and permanent home!
We kicked off the evening with host Al Madrigal who opened up the night with his wit and humor followed by a special video message from actor and former host Dax Shepard whose mother is a CASA volunteer in Oregon. Our CASA Spotlight featured CASA volunteers Lainie Herrera, Jeff Newman and Lisa Hall who shared their stories of advocacy and determination alongside the amazing and resilient children they work to serve.
Special thanks to our incredible gala chair Allyson Pfeifer and dedicated gala committee. Thank you to everyone who supported the gala who make it possible for us to advocate for children in foster care to have the services and support that all children deserve: a stable home, education and healthcare.
A very special thank you to our 2018 committee! Please view a complete list HERE.
Evening to Foster Dreams past honorees include the Honorable Richard J. Riordan, Father Greg Boyle of Homeboy Industries, Frank and Allison Addante, Jensen + Partners/ZGF Architects, Renne Bilson, Jan Brice, Harriet Zaretsky, NBC4 Southern California, Jim Rishwain, Mario Lopez, the Honorable Michael Nash, Mary Beth Evans, Freeform’s “The Fosters” and SHARE, Inc.