His primary responsibility is to develop and execute Pillsbury’s strategic plan and policies as adopted by the Pillsbury Board. He is the board’s key advisor, the top executive, and its chief visionary, decision maker, and communicator.
Mr. Rishwain has also served in the following firm capacities, among others:
- Leader or co-leader of Pillsbury’s global Real Estate practice for over 10 years
- Office Managing Partner of Pillsbury’s Los Angeles offices
- Chair of Pillsbury’s Partner Compensation System Review Initiative
- Vice-Chair of Pillsbury’s Compensation Committee, and former and current long-standing member of the Compensation Committee
- Member of the Professional Responsibility Committee
- Member of the Partner Hiring Committee
In addition to his firm leadership, Mr. Rishwain conducts a highly accomplished and recognized real estate practice. His practice has emphasis in real estate matters including strategic and high-profile investments and acquisitions, development, finance, capital markets, joint ventures, ground leases, build-to-suit leases, synthetic leases, exchanges, syndications, REITs, multi-family tax exempt bond financing, and participating mortgages, all involving the full range of property types. His clients are among the most successful real estate developers, investors, lenders, and owners.
He has received the following honors and awards:
- 2013 Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2005-2013)
- 2012 Chambers USA, Real Estate—California (2005-2012)
- 2012 PLC Which Lawyer?, Real Estate—Los Angeles (2010-2012)
- 2012 Legal 500 US, Real Estate (2008-2009, 2011-2012)
- 2011 Distinguished Alumni of the Year, Pepperdine University School of Law
- 2009 CEO Diversity Leadership Award, Diversity Best Practices
- 2009 Managing Partner A-List, Los Angeles Daily Journal
- 2007 Who’s Who in LA Law, Leadership and Real Estate, Los Angeles Business Journal
- 2004 California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Award, Transactional Law
- Real Estate Deal of the Year, Los Angeles Daily Journal
In addition to serving as a member of the Board of Directors of CASA of Los Angeles, Mr. Rishwain is active in many civic and community organizations in the City of Los Angeles, including those with respect to sports and entertainment, schools and foster children, parks and homeowners associations, and energy and infrastructure. His involvement includes membership on the Boards of the Los Angeles Sports and Entertainment Commission, Common Sense Media, and the Holmby/Westwood Homeowners Association, and the Advisory Board to the Los Angeles City Council for Holmby Park. He is also on the Board of Experts and President’s Circle of the International Real Estate Trade Organization, the Advisory Board of Best Lawyers/US News & World Report, and is a member of the American Bar Association, State of California Bar Association, and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He is a member of the Jonathan Club.