Job Title: Director of Marketing and Volunteer Recruitment
Reports to: CEO
Status: Exempt/ Full-time
CASA of Los Angeles (CASA/LA) mobilizes community volunteers to advocate for children who have experienced abuse and neglect. The organization envisions a Los Angeles in which every child in the child welfare system has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. CASA/LA is on a path over the next ten years to expand services to children in LA County’s child welfare system so that it provides services to 12,000 of the 30,000 children in the dependency court system every year. Key to these efforts is growth in the number of people who know about CASA/LA, the number of volunteers recruited and trained each year, and revenue raised from individuals, foundations, corporations and government sources.
The Director of Marketing and Volunteer Recruitment will be responsible for building the CASA/LA brand and increasing awareness and visibility of CASA/LA among the target audiences, including the general public. This position is responsible for driving and enhancing the Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach (VR&O) strategies through the VR&O team.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop, implement, and execute a comprehensive marketing, branding, communications, and public relations strategy that ensures integration of brand marketing, PR, digital, email, social media and content strategies and initiatives that drive brand visibility and loyalty.
• Promote CASA/LA’s brand through multiple channels and platforms.
• Connect agencies, organizations and the general public to CASA/LA’s programs and information.
• Develop website content, articles, collateral, talking points and other communications materials that resonate with our diverse audiences, helping them to see the work of CASA/LA and compelling them to move to action.
• Manage CASA/LA’s web presence and maximize the use of other digital channels.
• Write and disseminate press releases and public service announcements regarding CASA/LA’s activities and accomplishments in collaboration with CASA/LA’s public relations consultant.
• Build connections with area newspapers and radio and television stations to solicit and facilitate media coverage of CASA/LA’s work.
• Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals through marketing materials.
Create and execute a social media strategy including social media content and manage communication on social media sites.
Volunteer Recruitment & Outreach
• Create, implement, and execute strategies that improve our presence in the community and success in recruiting volunteers, with a specific focus on promoting diversity.
• Build strategic partnerships with community leaders and influencers and nurture those relationships.
• Develop and maintain relationships with local news and event sources to highlight CASA/LA’s recruitment activities throughout the county.
• Oversee the VR&O team, which serves as the primary point of contact for volunteer applicants and undertakes all day to day functions of volunteer recruitment.
• Ensure maintenance of applicant information within CASA/LA’s volunteer database.
• Track and report on VR&O activities and progress.
• Continue to include the use of technology in CASA/LA’s volunteer application process to promote efficiency and quality improvement.
• Create outreach and recruitment presentations and collateral in line with the CASA/LA brand.
• Engage current volunteers in implementing VR&O activities.
• Collaborate with other departments in formulating and implementing recruitment activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism preferred.
• 5 years of prior relevant work experience.
• Must have strong design and visual communication skills.
• Experience in digital marketing, social media, web site content management, communications and cloud based IT.
• Ability to develop content on traditional and digital platforms.
• Knowledge of HTML and WordPress.
• Must be able to demonstrate a high level of creativity and conceptual development to turn visualizations into comprehensive and creative graphic designs.
• Demonstrated excellence in writing, storytelling, and content creation including using video, photo and graphics to tell stories on social media and other channels.
• Experience speaking to a range of individuals and groups to recruit amazing volunteers that support our value of deep love for children and families.
• Experience with community management on social media.
• Experience in community organizing a plus.
• Experience with email marketing best practices.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills – strategic and tactical.
• Self-motivated and independent, with strong sense of focus and organization.
• Cares deeply for the personal and professional development of their team.
• Experience with case management database systems, preferably Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
• Experience with video editing software and learning management systems, such as Litmos
• Ability to work in an open office environment with interruptions and inadvertent noises from employees and visitors.
• Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities.
• Must be able to pass a live scan.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter, outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position, to email@example.com. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the selected candidates will be required to submit to a full live scan and background check.
CASA of Los Angeles is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.
CASA of Los Angeles promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.