Job Title – Marketing/Advertising Media Manager Fellow
Reports to – Director of Development and Communications
CASA of Los Angeles mobilizes community volunteers to serve as advocates for abused and neglected children in foster care. The organization envisions a Los Angeles where every child has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. CASA of Los Angeles is on a path over the next five years to expand services to vulnerable children in foster care so that it provides services to a meaningful number of the 30,000 children in the dependency court system every year.
Key to these efforts is growth in the number of volunteers trained each year, the number who stay active in a year, and in revenue raised from community partners and other donors.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
CASA LA seeks an Encore Fellow to create and implement the media strategy of the CASA/LA FY17 Marketing Campaign. The objective of the overall campaign is to increase brand awareness throughout the L.A. area and recruit “supporters” with a strong emphasis on finding new donors. The strategy is to broaden CASA/LA’s base: get more supporters into the pipeline at various levels of engagement on the way to becoming larger donors or possibly volunteers. CASA/LA will look to the Encore Fellow for advice on how to reach desirable demographic groups through targeted media by examining audience metrics of media alternatives. The Fellow will:
- Participate as a member of the CASA LA marketing campaign team.
- Research and identify recommended media including both traditional and non-traditional media channels (e.g., social media, direct mail, billboards, community publications and events, TV, radio, etc.)
- Perform cost analyses with focus on maximum audience reach with no-cost, low-cost, or otherwise cost-efficient placements
- Recommend marketing message adjustments to best align with various delivery channels
- Negotiate and present recommendations for media contract agreements
- Monitor placements, track results, manage budget, gather reach and viewer data, and analyze for ongoing planning purposes
The campaign plan will flow from the overall CASA brand and messaging strategy, tailored for the L.A. market. Campaign content will be obtained from recently developed CASA brand concepts, themes, designs, messaging, and visual images from California CASA and National CASA.
Key Skills Requirements
- Significant experience in media strategy (planning and buying) such as with an advertising, marketing, media or public relations firm
- Strong analytical skills and ability to research, gather, analyze and synthesize information and data
- Ability to work in teams or independently as needed
- Some knowledge of the L.A. area media market including community-based media and events.
- A creative mindset and ability to generate new ideas
- Is passionate about CASA LA’s mission
If you are interested in this role or know someone who fits these requirements, please contact Judy Bamberger, SVP Encore Fellows Program Manager, at 818.807.3516 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the SVP Los Angeles Encore Fellows program visit: www.socialventurepartners.org/los-angeles/encore-fellows/.