Job Title – Coordinator of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach, Non-Exempt Position
Reports to – Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach
CASA of Los Angeles mobilizes community volunteers to advocate for children who have experienced abuse and neglect. CASA’s vision is a Los Angeles in which every child in the child welfare system has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive. In FY2018, the organization served over 1,100 children through more than 900 Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers in Los Angeles County.
CASA/LA intends to continue to grow the number of volunteers trained each year, the number who stay active in a year, and the revenue raised from community partners and other donors.
Under the direction of the Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach, the Coordinator of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach will support the organization’s efforts to recruit volunteers throughout LA County. The Coordinator of Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach will be primarily focused on the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita, and Lancaster, with a regular base at CASA/LA’s satellite office co-located with Junior Achievement in Los Angeles. This position requires regular evening and weekend engagements for which schedule adjustments are made.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in coordinating community outreach/volunteer recruitment initiatives.
- Meet with current and potential partners to support recruitment efforts, including in business, civic, and faith sectors.
- Identify, engage with, and make presentations to community groups in order to raise awareness of the CASA volunteer opportunity.
- Bear primary responsibility for conducting information sessions throughout Los Angeles County with an emphasis on a specific geographic area.
- Maintain regular contact with potential applicants, track volunteer inquiries and communication using Efforts to Outcomes database, and submit regular progress reports.
- Receive, review, and process volunteer applications.
- Support the engagement of current volunteers in outreach efforts, including proposing specific volunteers and potential roles that they can serve.
- Prepare appropriate toolkits and conduct trainings for CASA volunteers interested in participating in outreach activities, including information session speakers and outreach event participants.
TRACKING AND REPORTING
- Track outreach efforts in database, including inputting and updating organization and individual contact information.
- Assist in quality assurance revisions and improvement of procedures as appropriate.
- Assist in weekly, monthly, and annual reporting.
- Assist with development and refinement of recruitment, outreach, and marketing materials.
- Represent CASA at outreach events, as required.
- Assist in creating opportunities for press coverage in collaboration with the development team.
- Assist and collaborate with the development team efforts during fundraising events.
- Assist in annual budget development.
- Update the outreach calendar on the CASA/LA website and post on other websites, such as VolunteerMatch, NextDoor, and the Patch, among others.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in or similar work regarding outreach or volunteer support role.
- Ability to work within a territory of recruitment and outreach primarily in the western and southern portions of LA County.
- Exceptional verbal, public speaking, and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an approachable personality.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively within a team framework.
- Comfortable working in diverse public settings.
- Strong detail orientation and ability to maintain accurate records in electronic database system.
- Proficient in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and social networking software.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and be highly flexible and resourceful.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation.
- Training and/or public speaking experience.
- Experience in organizing and coordinating grass-roots, face-to-face, and technology-based recruitment efforts.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Experience in the field of child welfare, juvenile law, non-profit or volunteer program management.
- Knowledge of the San Fernando Valley, Santa Clarita, and Antelope Valley and comfortable with commuting in that area.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Time will be spent in the office and out in the field and could involve intermittent physical activities, including standing, bending, reaching, sitting, and walking.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the selected candidates will be required to submit to a full live scan and background check.
CASA of Los Angeles promotes equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. In doing so, we comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulations to ensure an equal employment opportunity for everyone. We don’t discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, military service obligation, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our policies and personnel practices are intended to ensure that all of us are treated equally with regard to recruiting, hiring, and advancement, and our decisions on employment are made to further the principle of equal employment opportunities for employees.
CASA of Los Angeles will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.