For more than 25, years Thetas have stood with CASA of Los Angeles to impact the lives of children in foster care. The Los Angeles alumnae chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta volunteers at CASA/LA events and supports the youth through donating items such as school supplies and gift cards at the holidays. In addition, we raise funds through events and individual donations. All donations to CASA/LA are tax-deductible and support children in LA County’s child welfare system who have experienced abuse and neglect.
- Children with CASA volunteers do better in school. They are more likely to pass all courses, less likely to have poor conduct in school, and less likely to be expelled.
- Children with CASA volunteers get more help. They receive more services while in the system and are more likely to have a consistent, responsible adult presence.
- Children with a CASA volunteer are more likely to find a safe, permanent home. They are more likely to be adopted, half as likely to re-enter foster care, substantially less likely to spend time in long-term foster care, and are more likely to have a plan for permanency.
Donate today and make a difference in a child’s life!
Los Angeles Chapter of Kappa Alpha Theta
- President: Kristen Bruzzese
- Vice President: Emma Eldred
- Treasurer: Jen Safyan
- Appointed Asst. Treasurer: Hope Kerr
- Secretary/Social Media Chair: Molly O’Brien
- Events Chair: Emma Pell
- Philanthropy Chair: Sara Drischler
- Young Alumnae Co-chair: Molly O’Brien
- Young Alumnae Co-chair: Monique Geisen
- President Elect: Jen Safyan