Join us in ensuring that more children are safe and have the opportunity to thrive. Here’s how:
- Review the requirements for becoming a CASA in our Volunteer Position Description.
- Review the Volunteer Eligibility and Screening FAQs.
- Attend one of our regularly held information sessions and hear from CASA staff and an experienced CASA volunteer about his/her experience. Attending an information session is required. RSVP here.
- Complete and submit an application HERE. Applications must be completed on the computer and submitted electronically to email@example.com. Instructions are included on the form.
- Participate in at least one interview at the CASA office in either Monterey Park or Lancaster. Depending upon the outcome of the interview, you will be invited to pre-service training.
- Attend and successfully complete our 40-hour pre-service training program.
- Complete a Live Scan and clear Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), National Sex Offender Registry, Child Abuse Central Index (CACI), and local security checks.
- Participate in court observation and be sworn in by a dependency court judge as a volunteer officer of the court.
- Complete a 3-hour “internship” by shadowing one of our children’s court assistants in Shelter Care (the area where children who are awaiting a court hearing spend time).
- Be matched with a child!
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach Department at 323-859-2888 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find answers to many questions in our frequently asked questions. We look forward to seeing you at an information session soon!