Join us in ensuring that more children are safe and have the opportunity to thrive. Here’s how:
- Review the requirements for becoming a CASA volunteer in our Volunteer Position Description.
- Review the Volunteer Eligibility and Screening FAQs.
- Participate in an information session to learn about the CASA role. We offer both an in-person and online option. Completing the information session is required. RSVP here.
- Complete and submit the online application HERE. (Applications submitted in advance of information session attendance will be held until the information session is completed.)
- Participate in at least one interview at the CASA office in either Monterey Park or Lancaster. Depending upon the outcome of the interview, you will be invited to attend a two-hour initial training 101 session. During the training 101 session, you will learn about the technological requirements for training and complete a live scan.
- Attend and successfully complete our 40-hour pre-service training program. The training consists of five in-person sessions and online work in between each class and takes place over a seven-week period.
- Complete three hours of shelter care shadowing, three hours of court observation, and a 90-minute webinar on documentation.
- Be sworn in by a dependency court judge as a volunteer officer of the court.
- Be paired with an advocate supervisor and then matched with a child!
For more information, please contact the Volunteer Recruitment and Outreach Department at 323-859-2888 or email@example.com. You can also find answers to many questions in our frequently asked questions. We look forward to seeing you at an information session soon!